A BRIEF PROFILE
- General Secretary, National Union of Textile, Garment and Tailoring Workers of Nigeria (NUTGTWN)
- Member, National Executive Council of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).
- Board Member, National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission (NSIWC).
- Chairman, Interim Management Committee of First Guarantee Pensions Limited;
- Vice President IndustriALL Global Union with over 50 million members worldwide based in Geneva.
- Two-term Secretary-General of the Alumni Association of the National Institute for Policy & Strategy Studies, AANI (2013 – 2017).
- Two-term Vice President, Nigeria Labour Congress (2007 – 2015)
- Labour Delegate; 2014 National Conference and Deputy Chairman of the National Conference Committee on Civil Society, Labour, Youth and Sports.
Ilorin Grammar School – 1977
IJMB, ABU Zaria – 1977/1978
B.SC (2nd Class Hons, Upper Division) Economics UNIPORT, Choba, Rivers State – 1985
M.A. in Labour and Development (ISS), The Hague, The Netherlands – 1991
Certificate in Industrial Relations Partnership Initiative, George Meany Centre, Maryland USA – 2003
Certificate in Industrial Relations/Labour and Worklife, Harvard Law School, USA – 2003
Fellow of the African Leadership Initiative (A.L.I) Media Fellowship Programme. – 2016
Member of National Institute (mni) for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru, Jos having attended Senior Executive Course (SEC) 27 – 2005
- The Social Relevance of Trade Unionism
- The Crises of Pricing Petroleum Products in Nigeria
- Collapse of Textile Industry in Nigeria: Implications for Employment and Poverty Eradication
- Tears Not Enough
- Reflections on Labour and Trade Unions
- Reflections on Industry and Economy
- Reflections on Africa and Global Affairs
- Reflections on Friends, Comrades and Heroes
- Reflections on Good Governance and Democracy
- Monday/Weekly columnist with Daily Trust.
Recipient of many distinguished awards.
- 2016 Fellow of the African Leadership Initiative (A.L.I) Media Fellowship Programme.
- Recipient of the National Productivity Order of Merit (NPOM) Award (August, 2014).